The Molino is an independent manor of about 300 sq. meters which was obtained through the careful reconversion and restoration of an antique water-mill, completed during the 90’s.
Together with the Abbey ( 11th century ), it is the most important historical find in the area. The primitive nucleus dates back to the 13th century and was reconstructed and enlarged in 1606 by the Arrighi family, the story of which was recorded from year to year, up to the present, in the documents of the Leopoldino Register kept in custody in Siena.
During the long restoration, great attention and care was taken in maintaining intact, beside the original structure, all of the water routes which characterised the site and the house which was its essential component.
Località Podernuovo dei campi, 29
53024 – Castelnuovo dell’ Abate
(+39) 0577 847026